Licence Transfer/Skills Recognition & RST Pre-Payment

Closed for Business

Need to change over your Interstate Boat Licence? We can help.

Skills Recognition

Interstate or overseas ticket is valid for three months.

WA Recreational Skippers Ticket. We can help transfer licence

WA Recreational Skippers Ticket

If you hold a valid/current interstate or foreign skipper’s ticket, recognised by the Department of Transport (DoT) and listed in the skills recognition section of the Department’s website and you enter Western Australia as a visitor or with the intention of permanently residing in the State, you can use that boating qualification for three months after you first entered the State. After that period you must apply for a WA Recreational Skippers Ticket if you wish to continue operating an RST vessel in this State. (DoT administrative changeover fee – $98.00)

Allow us to take care of the hassle, and handle the paperwork on your behalf. Just follow the steps below.

Check – First check to see whether your interstate or overseas qualification is eligible for skills recognition at the Department of Transport website – here.

Transfer Licence: How to Proceed

  1. Scan or photograph your WA Drivers Licence on both sides (ensure your current address is on the licence)
  2. Scan or photograph your interstate boat licence (or other relevant qualification) on both sides. (Your interstate boat licence must still be current otherwise you need to get a confirmation letter from the issuing authority – not all states have a reciprocal agreement in relation to expired boat licences)
  3. Email scanned documents/photos to Please include postal address and contact number in your email.
  4. Pay the administrative fee of $86.00 using the PayPal button or via Internet transfer (details below).
  5. Official documentation from the DoT will then be sent to your address. Please sign this and send it to us at My Deckie Pty Ltd PO Box 33 Hillarys WA 6923.
  6. Your documentation will then be be processed and forwarded on to Department of Transport. They will then issue your Recreational Skippers Ticket card in approximately six weeks from you returning the paperwork.
  7. We will send an Interim Recreational Skippers Ticket via mail on confirmation of payment.

Note! For people with an expired (out-of-date) Queensland Marine Licence you can obtain a Qld Marine Licence Certificate from the Qld Government.  Dept of Transport (DoT) WA and the Qld Government have an agreement and this certificate satisfies the requirement for DoT Skills Recognition process.  The Qld website is here.


Via internet transfer (for Licence Transfers & RST pre-payments = any amount)

Account Name: My Deckie Pty Ltd
BSB Number: 036226
Account Number: 286165

Via Paypal  (only for Licence Transfers = $98.00)